Do you want to learn how to practice divination and you feel lost? You don't know where to start, what to expect or if you have the necessary qualities to interpret the oracles' message? Rbe sure, you have all the skills to achieve your goals: each practitioner has their own divinatory language and unique needs, you just need to identify your natural qualities to develop a practice that suits you while respecting your personal needs.
The patience will allow you to become aware of the subtlety of your deep nature and the way in which it is expressed; the more you take your time, the more you will be able to know what truly suits you, what motivates you deeply and what nourishes your essential being.
If there are as many divinatory practices as there are practitioners, the commercial offerings still remain limited to the most common format and undoubtedly the most attractive for beginners: cards.
Format which gave birth to an incredible quantity of tarot cards and other oracles, the analysis of the cards based on relatively similar rules from one oracle to another.
However, no one seems to want to reveal the "underside of the cards", explaining to new generations why and how to identify which interpretation techniques are most suitable to their personal style and needs.
The basic oracular archetypes illustrate the basic approaches from which a novice can choose when practicing divination. Whether it is divination by cards, oracles, pearls, charms etc. each field is based on similar principles found widely used today.
Each archetype follows rules which should allow beginners to define their own drawing and interpretation style. So if you are a novice, I invite you to choose the archetype that best suits you to begin your learning, before moving on to another when the time is right.
- The writer oracle. As his name suggests, the oracle writer works with words and more particularly the texts provided in the booklets generally accompanying the oracles or present in the illustrations of the cards themselves. For the beginner this archetype is particularly suitable, because it allows you to concentrate very precisely on the analysis provided by the author, thus limiting doubts concerning a more personal interpretation which is still poorly mastered.
- The oracle artist. Individuals falling under this archetype are strongly attracted by the illustrations present on their oracles, they know how to analyze symbols, colors and compositions, bringing out the personal meaning that the cards inspire in them. This intuitive archetype is particularly suited to those who have a natural attraction to non-verbal communication.
- The scholarly oracle. Most beginners in divination begin without having any initial experience in the subject, esoteric or spiritual knowledge. The learned oracle relies on his passions to develop his practice, focusing on his favorite areas to express his potential: if the practitioner is passionate about nature, he can turn to an oracle using flowers or plants as a tool interpretation etc.
- The psychic oracle. Intuition is one of the fundamental tools on which divination is based, the medium oracle is one of those sensitive beings who are capable of channeling the underlying message of their oracle, they will push the analyzes further. This archetype must learn to trust itself and develop attentive listening to its feelings.
The archetypes presented here are defined in a way that makes it easier for you to identify which one suits you most; these models can obviously expand over time: you can very well be an oracle writer and scholar, an oracle medium and an artist, it all depends on the way you approach your learning and your needs at the moment!
These models are offered to help you understand how you work and how to begin your divinatory learning with ease. If you have no experience, start by choosing the archetype that speaks to you the most, do some tests and you will see that over time you will be able to combine several of them in your practice.
IDENTIFIER MON ARCHETYPE
If you don't know what type of oracle you are currently, you can start by choosing a game that speaks to you, whether for its design, its format or the energy it gives off, this will already tell you how how you naturally connect to the world around you. If you are attracted by the design, perhaps you are an oracle artist, if you are interested in the theme perhaps you are an oracle writer or oracle scholar, if you are attracted by the feeling it inspires in you perhaps be you are oracle medium. Take note of this information, it will help you clarify your archetype.
Let's now look at this first game: start by handling it in your hands, fan out the cards or move the runes in their bag; observe the symbols and illustrations offered to you, leaf through the booklet and try to familiarize yourself with the basic rules provided in your oracle. At the beginning you may feel an attraction to the images without yet understanding how to articulate the meaning of the cards and symbols with the texts offered or with a particular message. Now observe how you feel about the texts and images proposed.
If you are an oracle writer, you will undoubtedly be attracted by words, formulas or sentences that will jump out at you, sometimes you will simply feel more comfortable with texts without this causing you a big reaction; appreciate this feeling of confidence, tranquility or peace at its true value, perhaps you simply need to know that you can read quietly and take your time to do your analyzes to feel confident.
If you are an oracle artist, then it may be the colors of the cards or particular illustrations that will catch your attention first. A color inspires you with a certain feeling? Does an image remind you of a memory from your childhood? Does a composition evoke a feeling of déjà vu for you? You are certainly sensitive to the illustrations that are offered to you, pay attention to these subtle inspirations, they are the ones that will have the most weight in your analyses!
If you are a learned oracle, you may be attracted by symbols or illustrations that echo your favorite disciple, whether you are passionate about history, geology, sewing, astrology or numerology, you can rely on the feelings and the knowledge you have developed to give a more personal meaning to your analyses.
- If you are a psychic oracle, it is likely that the meaning of the cards is immediately apparent to you, whether because of a flash inspired by an illustration, a sentence construction or a personal experience that presents itself to you without warning. Pay attention to these inspirations and compare your impressions with what the analysis booklet offers, this will give you a broader perspective during your interpretations.
By identifying what stands out to you when working with your oracles, you can gain insight into how your gift naturally manifests in you. Take note of your impressions and your feelings, it is common for one or more of these qualities to be present in you, if you cannot decide which one speaks to you the most or seems to be the most suited to your needs, start by working with the one that seems easiest to you, then you can develop your other talents. It is also just as natural to have only one talent, which you will be able to refine with great precision, as to have several which will, over time, integrate with each other to form your own divinatory language.
GETTING INTO PRACTICE
You have just defined your oracular identity, if you are just starting divination, focus on developing the basic qualities of this archetype before continuing your learning. The more you practice, the more precisely you will be able to articulate your analyses; you'll know it's time to evolve when you feel bored or naturally drawn to another method of analysis.
These archetypes are obviously a basis for work, if you already have a fine intuition, then cards and oracles will serve as a basic medium for you to express your natural talent, you may therefore be attracted by other supports such as tea leaves, pearls, charms or any another method of divination using your personal talents. To begin practicing divination by relying on your oracular identity, I invite you to create a reading tracking journal. It is essential to be able to follow your evolution to identify where you need guidance and, above all, to have detailed monitoring of your analyzes to know how they translate into your life!
The first step is to create a journal divination in which you will be able to enter the details of your draws starting with the date, the game used, the question, the placement of the cards and your analysis. Your diary can be produced in writing, orally using a dictaphone or through photographs. Use your imagination to create something that suits you and makes you want to practice and have fun, this will make your sessions more joyful or more serious depending on your needs.
The second step is to practice regularly, every day if you can, every week should be a minimum. One card per day can be a good start to familiarize yourself with your oracle, otherwise you may choose to do a reading for the week in order to see what’s in store for you and follow up regularly. For what ? Depending on your learning objective, you will need to develop your capacity for analysis, reflection and synthesis, this requires a certain mental gymnastics, like any sporting activity, you must be rigorous if you want to see results.
- The third step is to take stock regularly: When a drawing poses a problem for you, I invite you to note your feelings and what seems to be the cause of your blockage. If you cannot find the cause of this difficulty, I invite you to contact me using a Contact form or at ask for help to analyze your print. You may sometimes find yourself faced with a frustrating analysis that seems to lead you nowhere, in this type of case it is important to rephrase your question or move on! So remember to regularly note what seems to be causing you difficulties and anxiety then come back to me to obtain a Technical advice or a more personal guidance.
Discover the basics of benevolent divination with the Runic divination manual available on Amazon! Learn to ask fair questions, analyze runes with ease, discover how to create and purify your personalized rune set and much more!
NOTE: This vision of divination was developed after years of research and personal reflection on this subject, it in no way seeks to replace established concepts, but rather to open up reflection and discussion; If you have any thoughts on this, leave a comment below or use a contact form.